Thursday, September 23, 2010

5 Things

I do this every September because I'm a hipster and don't like new year resolutions..

These are 5 things I want to accomplish by Sept. 23, 2011.

1. Continue forex education/trading with discipline
2. Reach my body fat percentage goal of sub 13%, at least
3. Be consistent with God; consistency shows true love
4. Develop and expand at least ONE new product for SMC
5. Grow a mean mustache

HAHAAH I'm joking about 5. But our small group was talking about mustaches yesterday and Roys obv got a fetish with them. Then we all joked about growing one. I'm pretty sure I'm physically incapable of growing one but I'll likely try? Chances are I'll look like a dirty Mexican named Jorge (that's whore-hey for you noobs aka George in Spanish).

P.S. Reggie pronounces it MOO-stash. I find that hilarious. MOO.

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

What is Love?

Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me no more. That's what you were thinking.

Anyway, I saw my mom yesterday and we were talking about life. Somehow love came up and we covered every type of love I can think of. In theme, the common thing that holds true for all of them is consistency.

Loving someone doesn't mean you won't hurt them and being loved doesn't mean you are insusceptible to pain. But to love someone is to be consistent to them. What does that mean?

I have no clue. Consistent in what sense? You tell me. I find it amusing and terribly funny when people proclaim they love so and so. Really, 90% of you have no clue what love is. The other 10% that do know love should be humble enough to respect the word.

I wish love were more simple...wish it wasn't so hard or difficult. Maybe it is. Maybe we just make it seem otherwise.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Open your eyes

If you'd learn so much more from God. Ain't that a eyes are so small =(.

Monday, September 13, 2010

Sept. 12, 2010.

Yesterday I prayed with Khang and Leo.

That's significant enough for an entry on its own.

Friday, September 10, 2010

High school til Now

While driving to work this morning I popped in one of  my high school CDs and these two songs came on. I'm glad I haven't changed much. These songs were one of my top favorite songs and things haven't changed. The lyrics hit me; especially the first one.

I'm thankful that I have brothers who fit the description. No matter how far we are, how long we haven't spoken or how mad we get at each other I know, and you better know, that we lean and depend on each other to become a better man. 

Well...the second song...the second song doesn't really have a fitting role for me =). But! I'm really glad that now my closest brothers all have someone who lives true to the second song. Really, really glad =D.

Thursday, September 9, 2010

So Close

You're so close to pushing me over the edge that I'm nervous. I kind of wish you don't but I secretly want you to so I can feel alive again.

Sitting, waiting, wishing.

Heroes vs Villains

We're either a hero or a villain. These two labels drive us to our ultimate want or ultimate goal; if you're either one, the chances of you getting there is better than being none.

You see, when you're a hero or a villain, your drive has a deeper root and will manifest itself in your actions and commitment more so than if you were neither. When you are neither, you have no reason. There is no will and there is no backbone to your resolve.

Does it really matter if we're a hero or a villain? On a personal front, to us, probably not. A hero will not want to be a villain and a villain will not care that he is one. To other people? Heroes are always welcome while villains are only judged by the final outcome of their doings and not their hearts.

To God? Neither hero nor villain exists. You're either a fruitful tree or a dried up piece of wood. Arguably both heroes and villains can produce fruit. So to those who want to succeed...I say the most important thing is to determine what you are of the two and stick to it. Find your resolve and know why you have it. Always remind yourself every single day of that once you know it.