Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Please Hold On as We Connect You

Anyone ever try to quantify the quality of a relationship (familial, friends, girlfriend/boyfriend)? What makes the bond between two people strong? How can we really compare the link between two people as opposed to another?

Some relationships are bound by time, loyalty, likes and dislikes etc. But any relationship holding its weight on only ONE bond will never last. Friendships that lose its bond which eventually depend on the time bond will eventually fade away. Gf/bf relationships where only sex is the bond will eventually become meaningless. Even familial love feeding off one bond could become nothing more than an act demanded by societal norms and cultural expectations (although this by far is the hardest one to break even if it is holding on by one strand).

I think, then, each of our aim in life is to find more bonds with those that we care about. No doubt time will break some links but with effort time can create new ones as well.

I worry little about the bond between my friends and family because I think I'm good at maintaining and keeping fresh the binding agent between us. But after thinking things through I realize I'm not adequate at doing that when it comes to me being with a girl.

A lot of times I'll find myself interested in a girl because they're new and something I haven't experienced before (not sexually, assholes); then I charge head in first without really thinking "what really is the bond that's attracting me?" Many times it'll end up being just bonds that are insignificant: looks, ability to play piano, fondness of Street Fighter (I lied, the last one is UBER significant). I'm positive that I'm not the only one guilty of this. I realized that there are few girls I've truly respected in my past relationships and maybe that's why they didn't last. I think finding strong and significant bonds is the sure way of finding respect. I think mutual respect is one of the strongest bonds and one trait that can keep the "lovey dovey" feeling of relationships lasting forever.

These thoughts came up because I met a girl a while ago and had absolutely no attraction to her. As time goes by and more bonds are being built...this feeling of what I think love feels like is slowly creeping up. It's odd because this love is so stable and unemotional. But each day passes by and it becomes more and more real. I've never actually felt this way before so I'm confused to what this feeling/situation is. I'll continue to logic the living shit out of it until I get an answer. Until then, don't bother spamming me and asking me who she is ;).

3 comments:

  1. respect is SUCHHHH a big thing in a relationship... but so is trust and honest/open communication.

    ps. consider this spam #1. WHO DAT?

    ReplyDelete
  2. you swearing makes me want to swear.

    spam #2: WHOOOOOOOO IS ITTTTTT!!!! TELL MEEE

    ReplyDelete
  3. SPAM #3.

    SPIT IT OUT SUN.
    come on gg, you can tell me.

    ReplyDelete