Thursday, February 4, 2010

God and Listerine: Both Sting

No matter what I do, I always ask God to speak to me. I mean, having a monologue makes you feel quite retarded and self absorbed really. So this morning, as I took a big swig of Listerine, God spoke through the unbearable sting like a burning bush in my mouth.

"IDIOT!" he belted as the blue water of acidic death swirled its way to every crevice of my mouth. "GOD DA--" I screamed internally as I tried to fathom why the friggen hell I did that.

At that moment I've come to realize how GREEDY we have become. We think if there's MORE of something, it must be better than less. More Listerine? DIE you gingivitis inducing bastards! More food? SATISFY my cravings! More working out? MELT you damn jiggly fat.

No, not really. More Listerine burns like a bitch. More food makes me walk like the hunchback of Notre Dame. More working out makes me feel handicapped.

Wanting to be close with God with MORE? Well, that leaves us feeling not good enough and it hurts so bad. I'm not saying one day we won't reach that level. But honestly, right now, few of us can truly take in that large amount of God. People who do competitive eating train for that kind of stuff so they can take in a little bit more every time. People who workout do it gradually so they can push a little bit more every time. And well, people with good oral hygiene must sip a little bit more every time to build up tolerance to that ungodly burn. Stop looking for instant fixes thinking that stuffing your face with the bible will instantly bring you closer to God. Frankly speaking, you probably aren't ready to handle that much glory. What happens after a retreat high? You get STUFFED with spiritual food while you're there and when you come back you lose it all. Then you walk like the hunchback of Notre Dame with your head down in shame and heart stinging. Get real, you couldn't handle it.

Take it slow. A little bit is already enough for us. It's about being consistent...and building up that faith. Stop wanting everything to just instantly plop in front of your face...less is more my friends =).

5 comments:

  1. haha "More working out? MELT you damn jiggly fat"

    ReplyDelete
  2. you should switch to alcohol-free mouthwash. still burns but less than the regular kind.

    very cute kevin sun. i like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. consistency is key
    i liekt his entry, kevin :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. gimmie gimmie gimmie moreeEEEEeeE.
    yes. i am singing britney spears.

    ReplyDelete