Friday, May 14, 2010

A Figment of My Reality

It's a dark, dark mansion with streaks of light piercing through the cracks of the rotting frame of what used to be a wall - me and Khang are panting, quickly reloading our guns which are out of ammo. Sounds of rustling leaves and thumping on doors break cold sweat down our temples. Our other two companions are staring at the two doors about to be broken down, ready to unload their guns at any give moment.

"Reloading!" as we both yell to each other in hopes of having the others cover us from the danger barricaded by the doors that are about to be broken down. CRACK* the door slams to the ground as hordes of mindless zombies, slobbering over our flesh come rushing through like a flood. We hear bones cracking as they squeeze through the frame over each other: we unload. The grunts of the zombies are muted by the rhythmic sound of our guns gatling away. Smoke comes out of our barrel and piles of zombies lay before us. "Reloading!" we both yell again.

We run to the top of the mansion to find a military grade machine gun (ones that anti air to shoot down fighter jets.) A sigh of relief comes out but soon to be stuffed by the sound of thunderous pounding coming from the court yard. A massive being to which looked like a silver back gorilla with its skin peeled off come running towards us on its big knuckles. Khang unloads the military machine gun onto it until the gun over heats. To no avail, we run in circles as I throw a molotov cocktail at the beast to set it on fire. After unloading another 3 clips each into the mindless tank, it falls on its knees and dies (again I guess since it's a zombie...). We're both gravely wounded and limping with blood dripping out of gashes everywhere. My vision starts to get hazy and blurry but quickly adrenalin kicks in as I hear the radio signal us "The ferry is here! Make a run for the front gate! We're getting you out of here!"

I yell at Khang who's on the top floor, "RUN!" at this moment, a little humpback zombie capable of moving at the speed of a dog jumps onto Khangs head directing his movement near the rail of the upper floor. Hordes of zombies rush our other two companions and they become overwhelmed. A zombie pounces on one of them ripping through her flesh as another horde is stomping and kicking the other one. Khang falls from the upper floor with the zombie riding his shoulders. Meanwhile I'm halfway to the extraction point in the court yard to the ferry. I look back and realize two of them are now zombie food and Khang has a broken leg shooting the horde with his pistol. I have a med pack that can save him...but I'll need to clear that horde.

I run back as fast as I could with my limping leg and blurry vision. I unload magazines full of bullets to the zombies which were now stomping Khang. They fall around him. He yells back "Go back! Go back! I'm not going to make it! RUN!" As I spray another twenty zombies to the floor I scream back "No man I'm getting you out of here, stay alive! STAY ALIVE!" I manage to get to his side.

As I open my med pack to restore his vitality his shutting eyes widen. I look back and two more peeled silver back gorillas show up.

"Shit."

My hands were working as fast as they could while my eyes were peeled on the two giants. One of them charges towards us and I stop the patch work to throw a firey grenade hoping to deter it. I get rammed to the floor as the tank holds my waist and repeatedly slams me. Khang viciously unloads his pistol rounds into the monster's back. My vision is blurred with red as blood pours down from my head. It's so dark...I'm so tired...The last thing I see is the other beast stick his two hands into the ground pulling out a piece of the cement roughly the size of a table and chuck it towards Khang with speed and accuracy of a well aimed bullet. Crash I hear. Black I see. It's over.

I could have saved myself had I ran to the ferry. I died trying to save him. I failed; but no regrets.

We lean back in our chairs and take our hands off our mouse and keyboard. Look at each other
"FRIG! Damn tanks man, we need to kill them before running to the ferry for rescue!"
"Yo they just pop out of nowhere!"
"Frig, ok. Another round, we have to beat it this time"

We reload our game and our weapons and get ready for another round of zombie massacre. This is how we spend our nights. In front of our computer screens fighting zombie apocalypses =).

1 comment:

  1. KEVIN!!! :)
    you made my day! hahahha. you are fullest of awesome hahah

    ReplyDelete