Monday, March 8, 2010

Inconsistency is a Plague

Recently, I haven't been very consistent with my readings. I know I made a public announcement stating that I no longer need to blog as an accountability tool. I hate to set aside my pride and retract that statement publicly but I will if I have to.

Inconsistency plagues many of us. Many people think it's because we're lazy or "something came up" or (insert any plausible excuse here). I'm not just talking about inconsistent with QTs or readings, I'm hitting all facets of life here. My workouts have been inconsistent too. I still go the same amount of days, but intensity waves on and off like our freaking exchange rate.

Here's what I noticed: when I am inconsistent with Christ, I am consistent with failure. Obviously those that read this blog know I'm not some over religious, over spiritual zealot (my life for Aiur!) but I mean this in the most practical sense, which I believe the bible most definitely is meant to be. I don't quite understand why it is that I consistently fail at things I want to do when I am inconsistent with Christ. Really, Jesus and working out have nothing in common. In fact, I heard dude was a huge ectomorph and wasn't getting enough protein. My studying has also taken a hit, I haven't been keeping up with my investment books. I'm like that fool that buried his denari. All jokes aside, I just thought I'd share with you guys about that observation. If I ever figure out what it is, I'll let you know. I'm sure you're interested in the reason behind the observation.

I don't like failing and so I'm going to be back on the road of consistency with Christ before all else. Well, all else will fall in place. I truly believe that.

Oh yea, coincidentally, part of today's reading:
Deuteronomy 28

Blessings for Obedience
 1 If you fully obey the LORD your God and carefully follow all his commands I give you today, the LORD your God will set you high above all the nations on earth. 2 All these blessings will come upon you and accompany you if you obey the LORD your God: 3 You will be blessed in the city and blessed in the country.
 4 The fruit of your womb will be blessed, and the crops of your land and the young of your livestock—the calves of your herds and the lambs of your flocks.
 5 Your basket and your kneading trough will be blessed.
 6 You will be blessed when you come in and blessed when you go out.
 7 The LORD will grant that the enemies who rise up against you will be defeated before you. They will come at you from one direction but flee from you in seven.
 8 The LORD will send a blessing on your barns and on everything you put your hand to. The LORD your God will bless you in the land he is giving you.
 9 The LORD will establish you as his holy people, as he promised you on oath, if you keep the commands of the LORD your God and walk in his ways. 10 Then all the peoples on earth will see that you are called by the name of the LORD, and they will fear you. 11 The LORD will grant you abundant prosperity—in the fruit of your womb, the young of your livestock and the crops of your ground—in the land he swore to your forefathers to give you.
 12 The LORD will open the heavens, the storehouse of his bounty, to send rain on your land in season and to bless all the work of your hands. You will lend to many nations but will borrow from none. 13 The LORD will make you the head, not the tail. If you pay attention to the commands of the LORD your God that I give you this day and carefully follow them, you will always be at the top, never at the bottom. 14 Do not turn aside from any of the commands I give you today, to the right or to the left, following other gods and serving them.

1 comment: