Thursday, March 18, 2010

A Trip Down Memory Lane

I was digging for computer parts yesterday at my place and suddenly came across this cd pouch. It looked so familiar with the neat writing on pen marks on the front. I thought it was a pouch holding my PS1 games and thought "haha, maybe I should bust it out and play some of these games." As I unzipped my excitement grew. I was expecting colorful art of different games when I read "mix 1" Wtf is a mix one?

Then I realized...these were cds I made when I got my first walkman...these were fragments of who I was from grade 9 to 11. At first I didn't realize how significant this was but as soon as I popped in the cds it threw me back in the portal of time. Memories rushed to me. Feelings relived. Happiness, regret, pain all those emotions felt again 4 minutes at a time; one song at a time.

It was AWESOME. I kind of chuckled to myself because I remembered the person I was. It's nothing like the person I am now and is it for better or worse? I don't know. But in the age of mp3 players...we won't have music memory lanes anymore. Kind of sad, no?

If you guys find yours, take some time alone and pop it in. It'll be amazing. And if you ride in my car, ask me to pop in those cds...I had different music choices...Oh yea, if you find yours pop it in my car to give me a glimpse of you ;).

3 comments:

  1. i like ur title.. kind of reminds me of my msn status... :P

    i found a few of those not too long ago.. i must say... i had a flood of memories too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yo. that happens to me ALL the time. ALLLLL THE TIME. songs always bring me back to memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my song choices have not changed
    they're just as relevant as they were back then

    ReplyDelete