Thursday, November 12, 2009

Love letter to you

I've looked back on my life during the long drive home from work and realized how much you mean to me. Days like today, I CAN'T WAIT to see you. Since we've met, you've always been there. In the beginning, I didn't like you, I'll admit it. It was just so uncomfortable to be around you; but you grew on me and I couldn't resist. Whenever I was at discomfort you'd always open up and let me in...through thick and thin. I've never thanked you, never let my friends know about what we have and I feel now is the time to show the world how I feel about you. I know in public I don't show you affection...but you know how I am with PDA. Sometimes you like to surprise me in public too. I'm not good with surprises, so I usually turn away but you already know =).

But when we're alone your silky smooth skin is so soothing to touch. I know you get cold easily but I'll hug you and warm you up =). Some people tell me I should get you wear a turtle neck or a sweater to keep you from being cold, but I know you can take it ;). When I wake up I think about you...before I sleep I think about you...sometimes during the middle of the night I'll wake up and think about you too. I can't get you out of my mind. I'll admit, I hate having others take you away from me. Sometimes after they hug you, it's like I can still feel them on you. Their warmth, their aura. I wish you'd just hug me. I have so much to give to you why do you need it from others? I feel so strong about you because taking away my burden is so easily for you almost at the wave of a hand. Sure, you get drained too...I know. But the beauty and strength of you is that you fill right back up and you're ready to take my crap all over again. Never have I realized how much I needed you until today's drive home. My pet turtle kept poking its head out and asking "when are we gonna see her? I can't wait!" My turtle doesn't feel that way towards anyone but you. Today the traffic was so bad the turtle got angry, and turned into a TORTOISE. While the endless red light dragon shook its ass at me, I almost lost control of it in my car. But before it got any more angry and turn into a teenage mutant ninja turtle, I got to you. The turtle was content and freed from its encasing. Once again, I was relieved that you were there for me. Once again I unloaded all my harshness onto you. Once again you were drained. Once again you were quickly renewed and ready again. Once again you've taken my endless crap. Thank you toilet, you are my love forever and ever and ever.

6 comments: