Thursday, November 26, 2009

Soft Heart, Hard Mind.

Taking a break from rigorous sales analysis of eight years, I stumble upon a touching music video on youtube. It was made by JYP and Jackie Chan for the earthquake victims and survivors of China a while back. I remember when I heard it, I didn't even flinch. Didn't really care nor had the heart to help. My mom took out $4,000 and donated it to them without hesitation. At that time I thought nothing of it. But now looking back I realized how soft hearted and hard minded my mother is. $4,000 is nothing to scoff at especially in my parents' financial situation. But without even thinking about it, her pen graced through the face of the cheque. Such a heart for compassion. What a strong woman and kind soul. I pray that I can become selfless like her and every day I want to tell her how much she inspires me yet I can't bring myself up to say those kind of things to her. Don't know why. Maybe it's the family I was brought up in. I show ample gratitude and love to my girlfriends but never to my parents. Those words unspoken hurt; yet if they were to be said it'd immensely awkward.

Videos here. Look at the pain in the survivors eyes...the loss of someone they love crushes their souls. No crutch can comfort those pain numbed eyes. Breaks my heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment