Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Meteor Shower - Once every 33 years.

Man I was so excited for this. Wrestling with whether I really wanted to see this once every 33 years phenomenon, I finally bit my lip and decided to go ahead with it. I'm now at work with eyeballs that look like speckled jawbreakers and that feel as dry as the Sahara desert. Oh yea, my mental reflexes are about as sharp as a spoon. But anyway, the night went a little something like this...

In preparation for setting my skull and my spine at a 90 degree angle for the next few hours, we took logs made of what felt like titanium and moved them closer to the lawn chairs where people comfortably found their spots. Oh yea, Mike dropped that titanium log on my foot. It's now looking like a Backstreet boy album released year ago mixed with Star Jones' foot - or a pigs fat foot. In the blistering cold we waited and the promised shower was really just a sprinkle...or maybe trickle...ok, just droplets. Frozen to the bone, people quickly left and in the end, only a few of us were left.

The whole ordeal was nothing to shout about or even worth mentioning. But what was left even in the frozen breeze and bitterness of beer was friendship. Sincere friendship with nothing attached is something special, something to be cherished. They say you should make a wish when you see a shooting star, but I've realized if I didn't have these friends it'd be something I'd wish for. And I guess where I'm getting at was that the meteor shower was nothing special, but because of it I've realized how blessed I am for having all of my friends. I don't take any of you for granted and I pray I never do. Let me know if you need me, I'll be there. My boys you know how much I love you guys. My girls it's the same. As vulgar and carefree as I may seem, I think about you guys a lot during the day. Wondering if you've found jobs, if you're keeping up with school work, if your relationships' are going well and if you're just happy. And although I don't extend my concern enough through a electronic "hello," I'm here for you any time. Just say the word.

And of course, this wouldn't happen without the help of my Glorious Friend. We cool right ;)? Right. Thanks for looking out for me. I'm promising to extend that to my friends too ok?

And these are the wordsunspoken. Half of you guys won't even read it...maybe these things will forever remain unspoken ;).

7 comments:

  1. Do you post every day? How have I missed like 10 entries. Anyways I really liked this post. I feel the same except in the sense of 'new friends', I felt really good last night in that group, knowing we were all one family and such. Anyways keep writing my friend! oh and this is lisa..hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for friends!

    But it would have been nicer, had the weather been a bit warmer...

    ReplyDelete
  3. (Y)
    concurred. to the it was freezing ass cold part.
    and concurred... to the cherishing friendships part.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the weather made it all the more intimate imo...with the exception of khang haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. word sun...I feel you on this post, what i didn't feel was my pinky toe that was numb for 2 hours and 34 minutes I hate the cold...Dope name still.

    ReplyDelete