Thursday, January 21, 2010

A Beautiful Thing Happened Today at Work

On Tuesday, at prayer meeting, I prayed to God about those at my work and for Him to show His glory and peace through me. Instead of holding a monologue per usual, I asked Him to show me a sign that He's there changing hearts...you know what happened today?

At lunch, the receptionist said randomly and out of nowhere:
"Kevin, you know what? I don't know much about religion but I go to church...and I talk to God. I pray for those in need and I pray for strength to overcome hardships. When I'm in church I feel so much..." her tears started to tear up and her voice began to break.
"At peace?" I added. Her furrowed brows eased as she slowly exhaled and told me with a faint smile "Yes, peace."

She asked more questions regarding Christianity and Catholicism and I answered. These few months of reading the bible every day REALLY helped in the convo. I felt God stirring fiercely within her. When she told me these things it was like pain was uplifted from her heavy heart...she had someone to share with. I showed her love and understanding and kept my new year resolution of being wise in God and not in myself.

God answered me again by giving me a sign of confirmation. We could have had this conversation any time from the day I started working. But it happened today, after I asked for a sign.

Thanks God, keeping it real.

4 comments: