Monday, January 11, 2010

Winter Whispers

Howling winds with blades hidden amidst its each raging call cuts through my face. Winter, you've arrived again. The blistering cold and I battle each other on and on as I stubbornly walk towards the wind without covering my face "I CAN TAKE YOU" I exclaim in my mind. With snot unknowingly edging towards my upper lip I finally find shelter. Warmth and relief thaws my frozen body as I realize my vision turns blurry. Damnit my glasses fogged up. Winter, I hate you. You make me stubborn and make me sick. Then you make me look like a dork as people pass by looking at my frosted silver tinted glasses.

I hate you.

But somehow, Winter knows. She apologizes in her own way. She stops screaming at me and kindly whispers "I'm sorry" as her lips gently carry sparkling snow across the sky. Under the night light they shine and dance for my eyes to see. And as I walk and crunch my way through the fluffy snow it feels like she's giving me a massage for my weary feet. I can't help it but smile. Winter, your so oddly romantic and it hits my soft spot. Like a pretty girl that I can't seem to stay mad at, I instantly forgive her for mistreating me. Momentary relapse that I know I'll regret later. Because once she knows I've forgiven her, she'll flirt with danger again.

But at this moment, under the light, Winter you are so blissfully beautiful.

2 comments:

  1. "Then you make me look like a dork as people pass by looking at my frosted silver tinted glasses."

    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

    ReplyDelete