Tuesday, December 29, 2009

New Year's Resolutions

People LOVEEEEEEEEE asking me what my new year's resolutions are. I think they think I have something profound to say or something; but I don't.

I usually don't make new year's resolutions and not because of that weak ass one liner people bust out: "New year's resolution: setting yourself up for disappointment."

I simply don't set one up because I think it's a stupid and weak concept. Why the hell would you wait half a year to change something if you realized in June that something was flawed about yourself?

If I have anything flawed enough about myself that I think deserves a resolution...I make it a [insert current month] resolution. Plain and simple. God didn't give us enough time on earth for us to wait a whole 6 months to change something that's THAT detestable about ourselves.

Plus, self improvement EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. is what we're supposed to be doing. Bearing the cross everyday means being better than yourself the previous day, unless you're perfect of course.

Anyway, since so many of you wondered, here it is. Kevin's new year resolution is to be more awesome. I know some of you are sincerely wondering if that's even possible. With God all things are possible. HAHA I cracked a joke and then placed God in it and you took it seriously for a second because it had God in it.

Anyway, on a more serious note: be wise in God and not in myself..whilst being more awesome.

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
    "Anyway, since so many of you wondered, here it is. Kevin's new year resolution is to be more awesome. I know some of you are sincerely wondering if that's even possible. With God all things are possible. HAHA I cracked a joke and then placed God in it and you took it seriously for a second because it had God in it."

    i laugh b/c i'm one of those people!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MAn my fingers and brain are so tired. that is why blogger should make the option of 'liking' your blog post. because I liked it. I missed this humour of yours. I await so eagerly this future dinner date avec toi et caroline

    ReplyDelete