Saturday, December 12, 2009

Readings Acts 11-13

"50 But the Jews stirred up the devout and prominent women and the chief men of the city, raised up persecution against Paul and Barnabas, and expelled them from their region. 51 But they shook off the dust from their feet against them, and came to Iconium. 52 And the disciples were filled with joy and with the Holy Spirit."



That's right, they shook off the dust and went on. That's how life is and how we're supposed to react. Wrong deeds and evil thing being done to us will never cease and we shouldn't expect it to. However, we have the responsibility to keep on walking no matter what and dusting off this dirt that has been put onto us. Sometimes it gets messy and its mud thats flung onto us instead of dry dirt. Still, as messy as it is, we brush it off with our hand wash up and move on. No one should stand there crying and complaining about how dirty they are. Everyone faces trials and tribulations. You're nothing special, don't expect to stay clean.


I found out that someone I went to school with died recently. He committed suicide by jumping off a bridge. Why? No one really knows. But one rumor, and quite reliable, I might add, is that it was because he couldn't find a job. Now I am confused to as HOW I should feel; but, I'm very level headed when I say that I am angry and feel no sympathy. What a weak person. What an idiot. Does something so small warrant ending his life? Has he no heart or sense of responsibility? He took the easy way out - a coward's closing scene in a movie called life.


Although feeling no remorse for him, my heart aches for his family and friends. I can't even begin to imagine what it feels like to be the parents. Blame, regret, anger, hate...his death did nothing but make life worse for everyone else. Why? Why are people so weak? Is that what it's like to be hopeless? Such a depressing thought. I can't even understand let alone sympathize with people who'd do such a weak act. When life has you covered in mud, don't just stand there waiting to suffocate. Do something. If it's not coming off scrub a little harder. 


No comments:

Post a Comment